Everyone loves cinnamon, especially during the winter months. Kids and, let’s be honest, college students too, love to enjoy a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast. Cinnamon buns, drizzled in creamy vanilla icing, is a delectable dessert, and an apple cinnamon pie is bound to please when presented at any event.
Due to this love of cinnamon, when we needed another dish at a family event this past year, I played around with some recipes until I had it — a perfect recipe for cinnamon bread.
Sweet, with a cinnamon swirl inside and a second cinnamon-sugar layer forming a golden brown layer on top, this is a crowd favorite and highly requested afterwards by family and friends alike. So go out, buy some ingredients and get ready to enjoy!
Preheat Oven: 350 degrees
Makes: 8 servings
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 and 1/2 cups of sugar, divided
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
1 large egg
1/4 cup of olive oil
3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- Combine the flour, one cup of sugar and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk and white vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes before adding egg and oil. Beat together.
- Combine bowls.
- In a third, small bowl, combine cinnamon and the remaining ½ cup of sugar.
- Grease the pan with butter. Pour half of the batter in, then form a layer with half of the cinnamon-sugar. Pour in second half of the batter, then cut through it with a knife to make the cinnamon swirl in the middle. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar mix on top.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.