I am not a vegetarian by any means. However, my mom said that it’s important to have at least one meatless night a week to improve heart health and lower the risk of heart disease. So, my meatless dinner go-to is always cauliflower tacos. This meal proves to be just as textured and flavorful as it is balanced.
1 Head of Cauliflower
1 Bag of Shredded Red Cabbage
1 tbsp. Chili Powder
1 tbsp. Paprika
1 tbsp. Cumin
1 tbsp. Onion Powder
1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Salt
5.3 oz. Fage 0% Milkfat Greek Yogurt
Juice of 1 Lime
1 C. of Cilantro
2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Chop up the head of cauliflower to the sizes of your liking. Keep in mind that they shrink as they cook.
- Once cut, put all of the cauliflower in the bowl and mix in the chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Lay out the cauliflower on parchment paper and lightly spray it with avocado oil.
- Let them cook for 25 minutes.
- As they sit in the oven, mix in a bowl greek yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and salt.
- Put three handfuls of the shredded red cabbage and rinse with cold water. Dry it promptly after.
- Pile on as much of the lime sauce as you want, add the red cabbage and top with the roasted cauliflower. Optional: squeeze additional lime juice along the tacos.
I normally feel stuffed after eating only two tacos, but you can add whatever sides or additional toppings of your choice! I usually have enough ingredients for another serving for lunch or dinner the following night. Hopefully, you’ll try this for your next meatless night!