Now that fall semester is in full swing, some students may be looking for style inspiration for those first few days of classes. Style at Fairfield is versatile and open to interpretation because people have many different ways of dressing. However, if you’re looking for advice on what to wear, here are some great options:
- A t-shirt dress or any kind of short summer dress — T-shirt dresses are massively popular on campus. Aside from being cute, they are comfortable and weather appropriate. Making a long walk across campus in this end of summer weather can definitely get hot and summer dresses are perfect to keep cool while still soaking up the last bit of the summer rays.
- Jeans and a t-shirt — This one goes for guys and girls. You can never go wrong with a casual pair of jeans and a tee. This is a good outfit for some of the cooler days when it becomes slightly chilly for shorts. Especially as it gets colder, this style can be accessorized with a nice sweater or sweatshirt.
- A nice sweater — Cardigans and pullover sweaters are basically the epitome of fall style and they are so cozy. Students will surely see plenty of cozy sweaters being sported while walking around campus.
- Flannels — Again, maybe getting a little ahead into fall, but the cold will quickly approach, and flannels are a good way to stay warm but not make you too hot. There are so many ways to wear a flannel that make it a great item for the summer-fall season. You can wear it buttoned up if it’s chilly, unbuttoned with a tee under it, or if it’s a warm day, tied around your waist as an accessory.
- Baseball caps — Not every day can be a good hair day and that’s what baseball caps are for. Fairfield University caps sold in the bookstore are a popular item on campus, specifically the university’s camo hat.
- Birkenstocks, Jack Rogers or any kind of summer sandal — While summer is still kicking, get that last minute wear out of all your favorite sandals and flip flops, which go perfect with shorts, a tanktop and a nice pair of sunglasses.
- A work out outfit for shooting to the Leslie C. Quick, Jr. Recreation Complex after class — Classes can be stressful and the RecPlex provides a great outlet for that beginning of the year stress and who am I kidding, for all of the stress of the school year. Walking around campus, many students sport work out clothes and a pair of sneakers; it’s a really casual and comfortable option.
- A vest — As fall approaches, vests are a very trendy option for warmth. A vest with a long sleeve shirt under it is my personal go-to fall style, paired with a comfortable pair of leggings (guys can substitute leggings for jeans or sweats) and my Sperry boots.
No matter what your style choices are, just have fun with whatever you’re wearing. Again, these are only some options — there are a million more.
Leave a Reply