What else would we be doing other than enjoying our favorite foods when we’re stuck at home? Personally, I find that boredom eating has taken over my life. With some extra time on your hands, now is the time to channel your inner Rachael Ray and practice your cooking skills (I know I need to) by whipping up some new recipes. Sitting home all afternoon makes it hard for me not to stare at the clock ticking and wonder, “When is dinner time?” Although there are many snacks to just grab and go, with a little extra patience and some kitchen appliances, here are some delicious, not on the go, snacks to enjoy before your next meal:
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip: You can agree or disagree, but there is nothing better than a hot spinach and artichoke dip fresh out of the oven. This snack has been a favorite of mine all of my life. Even better, just a few months ago my sister introduced me to a new recipe: spinach and artichoke cups. All you need is mini pie crusts, spinach and artichoke dip, shredded mozzarella cheese, parsley and an oven! Sprinkling bacon bites on top is the perfect addition to these yummy little treats. If you want a recipe for other ideas of how to make this snack, check this out from Pillsbury!
2. Banana Bread: A delicious piece of banana bread filled with chocolate chips always satisfies my empty stomach. If you’re not a banana fan, try another one of my favorite pumpkin breads.
3. Buffalo Chicken Dip: When I tried my first taste of buffalo chicken dip, I instantly fell in love. Buffalo chicken dip is an ideal appetizer or snack for those who love eating spicy foods! A bag of Tostito scoops or pita chips are perfect for dipping, but make sure to have a glass of water on the side.
4. Nachos: For those who may not have the best cooking skills, nachos are an easy, mouth-watering snack that only takes five minutes to make. Although they’re simple to make, you need a microwave or oven on hand. Top the nachos off with a variety of cheeses, hot peppers, salsa and sour cream. Who knew just a few ingredients could create something so tasty? (PS: if you’re an avocado lover, add some fresh guac on top).
5. Chocolate Bark: If you’re more of a sweet person, rather than salty, you can never go wrong with chocolate bark. You can also personalize your bark by topping it with other candy such as Reese’s Pieces or M&M’s. Although this recipe may take some time to make, these treats are definitely worth the wait.
The thought of these snacks has my stomach growling. Although these ideas may not be the healthiest, there are a variety of replaceable ingredients to use to make them the way you want. Make sure to check out some of the recipes if assistance is needed! Who knows? Maybe by the end of this quarantine, your skills in the kitchen will be superb!
Leave a Reply