This week’s “Heard it through the GrapeVINE” is Professor Colin Halloran, a professor in the English department. Halloran wears other hats besides that of teacher; he is also veteran of the war in Afghanistan and renowned poet with a love for art. We’re grateful for this opportunity to learn a little more about this professor and his musical tastes at the moment.
“I was going through my morning routine of commuting and listening to music all through my commute, so I picked songs that are a little upbeat, not necessarily in their lyrics but definitely in their music,” said Halloran. “I picked songs with a fast pace and a driving beat that get me amped up for my day, and by the time I get to Fairfield, I’m ready to go.”
- “You! Me! Dancing!” by Los Campesinos!
- “World Tour” (featuring Jazmine Sullivan) by Wale
- “Cute Without the ‘E’” (Cut from the Team) by Taking Back Sunday
- “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina and the Waves
- “Punching in a Dream” by The Naked and Famous
- “Consolation Prizes” by Phoenix
- “I Made It” (featuring Priscilla Renea) by Donnis
Check out Halloran’s playlist on The Mirror’s Spotify.
Do you want to be featured in this section? Please email a list of 5-7 songs that you currently enjoy and also a picture that we can use for the column to email@example.com.