Ok, it is Thanksgiving day and you are trying to figure out what to make for dessert. You already have a cooking marathon ahead of you, and the thought of making a complicated pie or cake is physically impossible.
This pumpkin bread recipe comes in just for this moment. It is easy, quick to make, all while still having all of the great fall flavors of Thanksgiving that you need on your table. I also think that something simple like bread is more palatable to people who have been eating all day. I love this recipe and I hope you give it a try this Thanksgiving!
You will need…
- Nonstick baking or vegetable oil spray
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 16 oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ butter (melted)
- ½ olive oil
- 2 tbsp of demerara sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degree and spray a regular sized loaf pan with nonstick spray
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl. (flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder.)
- Combine the two eggs, pumpkin puree, white and brown sugar in another bowl until combined. Then add in butter and oil until totally combined and smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time until fully combined and be careful not to overmix, because that is what will make the bread tough and dry.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and then top with demerara sugar for a crunchy crust! Bake for 80-90 minutes and then you have the perfect Thanksgiving addition!
1,752 total views, 5 views today