I have a big sweet tooth, so dessert or chocolates are a usual thing for me. The other night I came across a recipe online for these fabulous looking strawberries stuffed with cheesecake. Just going by the name, I knew I had to try it.
Although the picture looked complicated, the dessert was actually so simple to make. The tricky part is coring the inside of the strawberries to then fill them, but once you do one, the rest are a piece of cake.
Along with this classy dessert (which ended up being more of a snack), I had a chocolate craving and wanted to go with a favorite. I had a box of brownie mix and knew I needed to run out to grab some Reese’s Miniatures. Brownies with Reese’s in the middle, how could you ever go wrong?
Seeing that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, I figured these two desserts would be perfect. Whether you have a significant other or you’re riding solo this year, these tasty treats will not disappoint. If you and your Valentine do not devour them after dinner, I am sure you and your friends can easily finish them off. Enjoy!
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
1 pound of large strawberries
8 ounce of cream cheese, softened
3-4 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Graham cracker crumbs (crumble on top)
1. Rinse strawberries and cut out the top of the strawberry. Clean out with a paring knife. Prep all strawberries and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or zip lock with the corner snipped off. Fill strawberries with cheesecake mixture.
3. Once strawberries are filled, dip or sprinkle the tops in graham cracker crumbs. If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.
1 box of brownie mix
1 package of Reese’s Miniatures
1. Following the directions on the brownie mix, combine all ingredients (brownie mix, eggs, oil and water) until the batch is smooth. Oven should be preheated to around 350˚.
2. In a muffin tin, place paper wrappings. In each, add 1 Reese’s Miniature and pour the brownie mix on top.
3. After done baking, let them cool before you unwrap.