In a month saturated with hurricanes down south and inclement weather on campus, Fairfield University students should know the risks and be prepared in the event a thunderstorm strikes. Here are some tips on how to keep yourself safe and dry during the wet autumn season.
- Keep away from elevators. Seriously, do not trust them. Should the power go out, they will trap you and eat you alive.
- Wear rain pants. We understand that these are not the most fashionable choice, but this can be easily remedied if you’re smart about it and purchase a pair that will make all of your friends super jealous. We recommend polka dots or sunflowers.
- Do you know how long it takes for jeans to dry? Do you?
- If your rain boots end below your knee, they’re too short.
- Rain hats exist.
- Just pretend you’re the Wicked Witch of the West, you’ll melt if you get wet. This is life or death, buddy.