As the semester winds down, Fairfield students’ stress levels steadily rise. The end of classes brings final papers and projects on top of the imminent doom that is final exams. Though your work may seem like it will never end, check out these ways to unwind so that you can get it all done.
1. Take a workout class at the RecPlex. Sweating out some of your frustration will help you relax and be productive.
2. Go visit a local coffee shop. Head somewhere like Las Vetas Lounge and actually enjoy a cup of coffee and the atmosphere before getting into your work.
3. Take a Netflix break. Grab your roommates and let yourselves watch one (or four) episodes of a light show like “Friends” or “The Office.”
4. Find a study buddy. Are your friends in the same boat with an overwhelming amount of schoolwork? Find a study spot and use each other as motivation to get your work done efficiently.
5. Go for a walk or run. Head to the beach and get some fresh air to clear your mind.
6. Buy a bottle of wine. (21 and over) Honestly, finding a good balance between your schoolwork and social life is so important. Even though you might feel overwhelmed right now, don’t give up all of the time left you have to spend with your friends before the summer. Let loose!
7. Two words: dance break. Seriously, Cristina Yang and Meredith Grey had it figured out. Sometimes, turning on your favorite playlist and just jumping around for 10 minutes can make all the difference.
8. Lists are your best friends. In order to stay on top of all of your impending work, make sure to stay organized. Make yourself both weekly and daily to-do lists. Soon you’ll see that there is plenty of time to get everything done.
9. Splurge on some junk food. Hit up Saugatuck Sweets for some candy and/or ice cream to reward yourself for all of your hard work.
10. Just rest. Take a nap and reset before you get back to studying and writing papers. Also, make sure you aren’t pulling too many all-nighters in a row. Sleep is healthy.