There are two types of people in this world: those who buy pumpkin bread from a store and say that they made it, and those who make pumpkin bread from scratch. Now, I am by no means a chef, but I will say that my family makes a mean pumpkin bread that serves both as a dessert and a snack.
The following is a great recipe to keep in mind as Thanksgiving appears right around the corner, as it can be used as a festive dinner or dessert option. Pumpkin also helps protect your skin and provides a lot of much-needed dietary fiber, according to The Huffington Post, and these same benefits can be found in all pumpkin products, including pumpkin bread.
Makes 1 Loaf
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup oil
1 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
¾ tablespoon salt
1 can pumpkin pie mix
¼ cup nuts and raisin mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the sugar, oil and eggs together in a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt together.
- Combine the two bowls, while also mixing in the pumpkin pie mix with the two mixtures.
- Add the nuts and raisins to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and let cool for 10 minutes.